Hungry but want to make a buck instead of spending it? It must be a dream come true! Well, at least for me. Who wouldn't want to get paid to eat? But that's what I ended up doing today.
A few months back, a coworker recommended signing up as a taste tester at the National Food Lab in Dublin. For an hour or so out of your lunch time, you sit in front of a metal box and taste different kinds of the same food. Sure, you have to give your written feedback but for a nice, hearty meal and a few bucks, how can you lose?
So what did I have?
6 different lasagnas. Halfway through, I almost fell asleep - 6 lasagnas don't exactly constitute a light lunch. Fortunately, they didn't taste too bad. I even wrote, "This one's pretty tasty! Thanks!" for one of them.
If you don't mind the long haul over to Dublin, here's the link to sign up:
You can be a guinea pig, too!
What a great way to practice becoming a food critic!
Bon appetite!